After numerous leaks, HTC and Verizon have finally unveiled the Droid DNA phablet. The 5-inch phablet is a variant of the J Butterfly released in Japan. Pre-orders starts today and the phone will be available in retail stores starting November 21st.
What You Need To Know:
- The HTC Droid DNA is powered by a 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor with 2GB of RAM.
- The device also has a 5-inch full HD SLCD3 display which brings a ppi of 440, easily dwarfing the iPhone’s display by a mile. It also has an 8MP camera capable of 1080p HD video recording.
- The 5-inch phablet runs on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and HTC Sense UI 4+.
- The phone has 16GB internal storage, but with no microSD expansion slot. It also has NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, and dual mics for noise cancellation. To take advantage of the phone’s Beats Audio software, it is paired with a 2.55v built-in headset amplifier and dedicated rear speaker amp.
- The HTC Droid DNA is now available for pre-orders and will be available in-stores starting November 21 for $199 with a two year contract.
HTC Droid DNA release date and pricing available