It’s been an interesting week in Android news with big app updates, new devices and plenty of rumors about what’s next in the world of Android. We’ve scoured the web and here are some of the top stories for the week ending July 27th.
- Two voice assistants enter, only one leaves. Google vs Siri face off in accuracy study ~ CNet
- Digital tattoos to unlock your phone? Yep… they exist… ~ Android Spin
- ChromeCast kicks off a one-year anniversary celebration with free music ~ Android Authority
- Looking for top-tier features without the price? Check out Xiaomi’s Mi 4 ~ The Next Web
- Nvidia to bring high-end gaming to the tablet market with the Shield Tablet ~ Into Mobile
- Looks like these could be the droids you are looking for. Motorola working on two new devices ~ Android Guys
- HTC could have more than the Nexus 8 in the works ~ Mobile Burn
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 could be here in just a few months ~ Android Headlines
- Amazon’s Wallet App makes it easier to track gift cards and loyalty cards while providing yet another way to spend your money on gadgets far too easily. ~ The Verge
- Get your sketch on with Wacom’s Bamboo on Android free for a limited time ~ TechCrunch
- Skype 5.0 brings address book integration and more ~ Android Community
- Popular keyboard app SwiftKey goes free with Version 5.0 ~ Bit Bit Byte
- The Google Play Summer Sale sparks a heat wave of deals ~ Android Community
That’s the big news in Android for this week! We’ll be back next weekend with a new list of bits and bytes for you to enjoy.